Sunday, February 7, 2010

Some good news

Payton Manning and the Colts lost the Super Bowl. I am happy. If you're from New England like I am, your allegiance is to the Patriots. And as a Patriots fan, it's your duty to loathe Manning and the Colts. I didn't watch one minute of this game, as honestly, I didn't want to have to view Manning's face on my 46-inch Samsung DLP projection TV. A bit harsh? Perhaps. But I've been saturated with images of Manning for years. It's hard enough suffering through his television commercials.

In the More Good News Department, there's a little snow in the forecast for Wednesday, and in five days school will be out for February break. Since I started teaching high school six years ago, I have to say that the past few weeks have been among the most challenging due to the barrage of local, national, and international news coverage over a tragic incident involving one of our 9th grade students. I know I speak for my colleagues and many of my students when I say that we're in need of a break and meaningful time spent with friends and family.

2 comments:

MMM said...

A 17 year old student in our district was shot to death Friday outside of a school. We will be happy to see the end of this week too.

Mr. B-G said...

My condolences to you Melissa. It's exhausting and emotionally draining dealing with the aftermath of such traumatic incidents.

Have a restful and rejuvenating break.