Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Blog navigation

As new visitors come to this site, I hope they can figure out how to access postings and materials, and see that there is an attempt - however feeble - at organization.

Each of my posts have what I call "categories" listed at the end. Some bloggers call these "labels" or "tags." I've done my best to assign each post to at least one category. Some might have two or three, as they tend to overlap.

Students and teachers looking for assignments can click on that category. There are also a number of handouts and links on my teacher page. Most of the categories are self-explanatory, except maybe for "musings." Musings are a catch-all for anything I want to write about that doesn't fit neatly into one of the main categories.

When I first started this blog, I didn't know who my audience was. In fact, I didn't have much of one, and was really writing for myself. Now there are a number of folks who visit the blog. Sometimes my posts are written for students (usually bearing an assignment tag), others are written for teachers (with an education label), and some are written for no one in particular. I hope the blog post categories help explain some of my intentions for each post, and make navigating this site a little easier.

I look forward to comments, suggestions, and any ideas or posting requests. Thanks for visiting!

No comments: