Wednesday, August 29, 2007

It's on!

Tomorrow is my first day back with the kids. It should be exciting. I hope they are ready to work hard, because I know I (already) am.

I was at school nearly 13 hours today. We had a variety of meetings, then I spent almost seven hours planning and working on my classroom. I also went in both days this week and two days last week. On an average day I will spend 10 hours at school, arriving around 6:15 a.m. and leaving a little past 4 p.m. That's an average day. Some days I'm there until 6 or 7 p.m. I can count on one hand the number of days I left before 3 p.m. last year.

I do try my best not to bring work home, but still it happens - especially around grading periods.

To any teachers reading this, have a great year. Your hard work will pay off. To any of my students reading this, know that I am looking forward to getting to know you and helping you become stronger readers, writers, and thinkers. And to any of my administrators who may peruse this blog from time to time, know that B-G will again be giving his all to a job he finds truly rewarding and inspiring.

Here's hoping we can get a good night sleep before the big day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Best wishes for a great year. I started last week. I've got a quirky bunch this year, just the way I like it.

Unknown said...

Hi from oz Love your blog and I have written about you for blogging Day Hope that is Ok . My page is http://andanotherthing-sue.blogspot.com/ Have a great year and don't worry so much- sounds like you are doing a fabulous job!