Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Checking in

It's hard to imagine Christmas break begins in two and a half weeks. Time seems to be flying faster than Santa's Reindeer on 2 gallons of Red Bull.

What do I remember since my last post? I remember turkey and stuffing sandwiches. I remember my sister's 26th birthday and my fiancee's 30th. In between was my first formal observation of the year (it went well... I'll write about it later), a 2-hour delay due to an early morning snowstorm, and a visit with a few of my old high school friends. Oh, and I watched some sports on TV.

As all New Englanders know, it is literally an awe-inspiring time to be a sports fan here. I revel in each Patriots victory and pay homage to The Big Ticket each time the Green come up winners (currently an NBA best 14-2). And with the Red Sox fresh off a World Series victory, the largest cause for concern involves trading a promising rookie outfielder for one of the game's most dominant pitchers. Tough stuff.

I've lived in Massachusetts long enough to know not to take any of this for granted.

Happy Holidays y'all.

No comments: