Saturday, March 28, 2020

Second dispatch from home - Trail maintenance

I spent about five hours today outside in the woods behind our house clearing and refining a series of trails that stretch for about two miles and connect with the Belchertown High School complex. I used a pair of clippers to trim small trees, shrubs, and branches along the route. I then took to the trail with my electric leaf blower and cleared off all the leaves and debris. This photo shows the trail before I hit it with the leaf blower. It's pretty well defined now.

It felt good to be outside, creating something. I know that getting outdoors is going to be essential for getting through this with my sanity intact. Fortunately, we have this fantastic wooded resource right outside our back door. I eventually plan to build a campsite with a firepit, wooden stools, tent sites, and a picnic table.

No comments: